In the era of the remix and mashup culture, I am really excited to be presenting a session on two topics that need to meet: transmedia storytelling and organisational communication. The IABC World Conference in June has me presenting the following session:
Traditional approaches to corporate narrative are being disrupted by the multiple forces of technology, social change, trust and a shift in the role of the corporation. In this environment the role of the communicator is shaping, telling and retelling the story of the company is shifting. Employees are co-creators, subject matter experts are curators and traditional business models become opportunities for collaboration. This session will explore:
- The death of the corporate story
- Sense making through social media
- Co-creation as a model for true engagement
- Empowering employees to own the narrative
- How IC is the original transmedia communication strategy
As the conference approaches, I will add some pre reading here on the blog.